By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The National Stock Exchange (NSE) has shifted the expiry day of the Nifty Bank Futures and Options to Friday, July 7, 2023, from Thursday, July 6, 2023. All the existing contracts with expiry on Thursday will be revised to Friday at the end of July 6.
The domestic bourse has revised the weekly expiry day of derivatives contract on Nifty Bank to Friday from the current expiry day of Thursday.
The first Friday expiry of Nifty Bank’s weekly contracts will be conducted on July 14, 2023.
At present, the expiry day of the derivatives contract on Nifty Bank is done every week on Thursday, excluding the expiry week of the monthly contract, while the monthly and quarterly contracts are conducted on the last Thursday of the expiry month.
However, NSE has now revised this to Fridays, starting mid of July 2023.
As per the revisions put in place, all the existing weekly contracts of Nifty Bank will expire on the Friday of the corresponding week. NSE states that if it is a trading holding on Friday, the expiry day shall shift to the previous trading day.
In terms of Nifty Bank’s monthly contracts, they shall expire on the last Friday of the respective contract month.
"Any new contract created for trading on/after EOD of July 6, 2023, shall be created as per the revised expiry days as mentioned in the aforesaid table. Members are requested to note that there is no other change in the existing contracts specifications of Nifty Bank," said NSE.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.