By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The domestic market ended the May 16-ended week at record high levels, with benchmark indices Nifty50 and Sensex witnessing strong gains of 1.41% and 1.21%, respectively during the period.
Key sectoral index Nifty Bank jumped 1.47% in Friday’s intraday trade and closed the session 1.14% or 494.55 points higher at 43,938.15 levels, with all constituent stocks ending in the green.
In a comment provided to Investing.com, Kunal Shah, Senior Technical & Derivative Analyst at LKP Securities noted that the Nifty Bank bulls regained control of the index and displayed strength, stating that the index managed to hold the support level at 43,400.
This level suggested that buying pressure emerged at that level. Shah sees the index facing an immediate upside resistance at the 44,000 level.
A successful break above this level could open up room for further upside moves, the analyst stated.
“Potential Upside Targets for the index, if it breaks above the resistance at 44000, can move towards the 43300/43500 levels,” Shah added.
Further, Bank NIFTY Futures surged 453.8 points or 1.04% to 44,023.85 levels in the previous session.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
bank nifty kal gap up khulega, sideway or gap downLike 0
Buying zone 43500-600 resistance level is 43400 For next some daysLike 1
I'd it 44300 & 44500 as it's mentioned as 43400Like 6