By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The domestic market ended the May 26-ended week on a flat note while snapping a two-day losing streak in Friday’s session. Benchmark indices Nifty50 and Sensex made marginal gains of 0.19% and 0.07%, respectively in the period.
Key sectoral index Nifty Bank gained 0.7% in Friday’s intraday trade and closed the session 147.65 points or 0.34% higher at 43,937.85 levels, with all constituent stocks ending in the green except one.
In a note provided to Investing.com, Kunal Shah, Senior Technical & Derivative Analyst at LKP Securities stated that the Nifty Bank index is currently witnessing a fight between the bears and the bulls, indicating a state of indecision in the market.
He notes that both sides are actively participating and trying to exert control over the index.
A support level is seen at 43,500, which suggests a price level where buyers have shown interest and may provide a cushion for potential downside movements. On the flip side, resistance can be seen at 44,200 levels which acts as a barrier for upward movements. At this level, sellers are expected to become more active.
It must be noted that a break on either side of the support or resistance levels can lead to directional moves in the Nifty Bank index, stated Shad.
“If the index breaks below the support at 43500, it may signal a bearish move with a potential downside momentum. Conversely, if it breaks above the resistance at 44200, it may indicate a bullish move with potential upside momentum,” he added.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.