By Aayush Khanna
The share price of construction and engineering giant - Larsen & Toubro Limited (NS: LART ) (L&T) hit a record high of INR 3,055.95 in the first few minutes of trading after its Heavy Civil Infrastructure business vertical won a mega order from Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).
The company will be designing and constructing an underground road tunnel project between Orange gate, Eastern Free Way to Marine Drive Coastal Road in Mumbai. The major scope of work for the project comprises of design & construction of twin road tunnels, using Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs), connecting these tunnels to the existing elevated Eastern Freeway at Orange Gate near its southern terminal through transition ramps and to the Marine drive at Mumbai.
The project is estimated to be worth over INR 7,000 crore and will likely be completed in 54 months.
The stock has already been scaling to newer highs for the last few weeks on account of a buyback from the company and now this mega order has again instilled new enthusiasm among investors.
Currently, the stock is up 0.76% to INR 3,033, retracing a bit from the day’s high due to some profit booking.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.