By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) surged 4.15% and the massive rise in the indices’ largest component caused both Nifty 50 and the BSE Sensex 30 to close at record highs. Nifty gained 0.52% and closed over the 17,300 mark while the Sensex closed over 277 points up at 58,129, the first time it has closed over 58,000.
Other than RIL, Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) closed up 4%, Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) gained 3.53% and Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ) closed up 2.74%. Among the losers, HDFC (NS: HDFC ) Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ) closed down 3.29%, followed by Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ) at 1.49%.
RIL’s Mukesh Ambani reiterated the company’s commitment to renewable energy and said that it will set up at least 100 GW of renewable energy by 2030.
Market experts have said that while they are bullish on markets, markets might correct early next week, and that investors should have strict stop-losses.
US stock markets drifted higher in premarket, but moves and volume are likely to stay insignificant until the jobs report.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.