BRUSSELS - In a strategic move within the Belgian telecommunications market, Nethys is set to convert its ownership in VOO into a significant stake in Orange Belgium. Following approval from ENODIA today, Nethys initiated the process to exchange its 25% plus one share in VOO for an 11% holding in Orange Belgium. This transaction is designed to maintain Nethys's governance rights and is pending the assessment of an independent committee as well as approval from the General Assembly of Orange Belgium.
Orange Belgium, which reported revenues of €1,391 million for the year 2022, has been on an upward trajectory, bolstered by its acquisition of a majority share in VOO SA back in June 2023. This move has strengthened Orange Belgium's commitment to expanding next-generation connectivity and fostering robust market competition. The company serves over three million customers with multi-gigabit networks that are essential for supporting innovative Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
The strategic acquisition of VOO SA has positioned Orange Belgium favorably for national convergence within the telecommunications sector. The firm continues to invest heavily in network advancements, prioritizing sustainable practices alongside its growth objectives. Orange Belgium's shares are publicly traded on the Brussels Stock Exchange under the ticker OBEL.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.