NetEase announced earnings per share of 7.81 on revenue of 23.56B. Analysts polled by Investing.com anticipated EPS of 7.15 on revenue of 22.9B.
NetEase shares are down 4.66% from the beginning of the year and are trading at 97.04 , down-from-52-week-high.They are outperforming the Nasdaq which is down 26.27% year to date.
NetEase follows other major Communication Services sector earnings this month
NetEase's report follows an earnings missed by Alphabet C on Tuesday, April 26, 2022, who reported EPS of 24.62 on revenue of 68.01B, compared to forecasts EPS of 25.59 on revenue of 68.06B.
Meta Platforms had beat expectations on Wednesday, April 27, 2022 with first quarter EPS of 2.72 on revenue of 27.91B, compared to forecast for EPS of 2.56 on revenue of 28.28B.
Stay up-to-date on all of the upcoming earnings reports by visiting Investing.com's earnings calendar
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.