By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The diamond manufacturer and designer company Deep Diamond India (BO: DEED ) has made a series of announcements after its board meeting held last week.
In a regulatory filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange, the micro-cap company has informed that its Board of Directors has recommended the proposal for a stock split or sub-division of the company’s equity shares for encouraging larger participation of small retail investors and increasing the liquidity of its shares in the stock market.
According to the filing, it has been proposed to split one equity share of face value Rs 10 apiece to 10 equity shares of face value Re 1 each, subject to the approval of shareholders, along with other approvals required.
The company has informed that the record date for the subdivision of shares will be intimated upon approval from shareholders through the postal ballot process.
The company has stated that its performance is progressive and investor faith has led to a significant rise in the market price of its equity shares. Its Board believes that the proposed stock split is in the best interest of the company as well as the shareholders.
Deep Diamond India is a multibagger stock, which has generated a whopping return of nearly 989% in the past year. On a year-to-date basis, the micro-cap scrip has skyrocketed over 804% despite volatility persisting in the domestic market.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Trapping the poor retail investors. Public at large please be cautious. Thanks.Like 4
Stock will trap, no sales growth & no profit growth from last 8 years..ROE 0%Like 7
ram ram buy bank niftyLike 3
Dont get trappedLike 4
Mrkt cap :12 crsLike 4
Only one crore sales in a quarter ? Keep youself away.Like 7