Mphasis Clarifies Having No Exposure to Failed US Banks, Soothes Concerns
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The mid-cap IT major Mphasis (NS: MBFL ) has come under focus on Wednesday after the company announced that it did not have any exposure to Silicon Valley Bank (OTC: SIVBQ ), Signature Bank (OTC: SBNY ) or Silvergate Capital (NYSE: SI ), either as a client or as a banker.
Amid the heightened investor concerns regarding banking and other clients reducing/adjusting their IT spending following the collapse of three major US banks recently, Mphasis has clarified that it has no exposure or ties to any of the affected US banks.
“We are continuing to focus on servicing our clients in this heightened environment of volatility and transaction volumes. Mphasis has no business with or exposure to Silicon Valley Bank, Signature Bank or Silvergate Capital, either as a client or banker,” the IT major said on March 29, 2023.
Mphasis underlined that its business from US regional banks is a low single-digit percentage contribution to the overall revenue.
As a result, shares of the IT services provider gained 2.55% to Rs 1,711.75 apiece on Wednesday, as investor concerns soothed.
To understand more about trading and navigating the markets at a time like this, Investing.com is conducting a webinar on Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 7:30 pm Indian Time. You can find more details here: Where Should You Invest Right Now? Heres Warren Buffetts Advice
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or