Moscow to respond to Dutch decision to reduce Russian diplomat numbers
Moscow, Feb 19 (IANS) Russia will respond to the Netherlands' decision to limit the number of Russian diplomats in the country, TASS news agency reported citing the Russian Foreign Ministry on Saturday.
The Netherlands has decided to reduce the number of Russian diplomats working in the country, the country's foreign ministry said earlier on Saturday, adding that the staff cut was due to alleged espionage and unsuccessful talks with Russia on the terms of diplomats' placement, Xinhua News Agency reported.
About 10 Russian diplomats would have to leave the Netherlands within two weeks.
In March 2022, the Netherlands expelled 17 Russian diplomats for alleged espionage. In response, Russia then ordered 15 Dutch diplomats to leave the country.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or