By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the state-owned hydroelectric power generator SJVN (NS: SJVN ) recorded a new all-time high of Rs 63.8 apiece on Tuesday after surging 7% in the previous session. The stock has jumped 12.22% in these two days.
SJVN Green Energy Limited (SGEL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Miniratna public sector undertaking (PSU) has secured three solar power projects in Assam for a cumulative capacity of 320 MW.
The Letter of Awards (LOAs) has been awarded to SJVN Green Energy by Assam Power Development Corporation Limited (APDCL). The company had participated in three separate tariff-based competitive bidding tenders of APDCL, namely 50 MW, 70 MW and 200 MW.
As per project details, the 50 MW and 70 MW LOAs fall under the solar park category and have been allotted to SGEL at a tariff of Rs 3.92/Unit.
The 200 MW project has been allotted at a tariff of Rs 3.9 per unit and can be developed anywhere in Assam.
The three Solar power projects shall be developed on a Build Own and Operate (BOO) basis, and are expected to generate 628 MUs cumulatively in the first year. The cumulative energy generation over a period of 25 years is slated to be around 14,591 MUs.
The projects have been estimated to be commissioned in a period of 18 months after signing the PPA, likely by March 2025.
Further, SJVN states that the commissioning of these three solar power projects could reduce 7.14 Lakhs Tonnes of carbon emission, contributing to the Indian Government’s mission of carbon emission reduction.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.