(For a Reuters live blog on U.S., UK and European stock markets, click LIVE/ or type LIVE/ in a news window)
Feb 15 (Reuters) - European shares scaled one-year highs on Monday and mining stocks tracked a jump in copper prices as bets of more U.S. stimulus fuelled optimism around a faster global economic recovery this year.
The pan-European STOXX 600 .STOXX rose 0.6%, with Rio Tinto RIO.L , BHP Group BHPB.L and Anglo American AAL.L bolstering the index. Banks .SX7P and energy stocks .SXEP were also among the biggest gainers.
Most European bourses were higher by 0813 GMT, while Asian shares hit record highs earlier in the day.
Trading volumes are expected to remain thin on Monday with markets in China, Hong Kong and the United States shut for local holidays. MKTS/GLOB
In company news, Bollore SA BOLL.PA surged 14.1% to the top of the STOXX 600 as Vivendi VIV.PA said it planned to distribute 60% of Universal Music's capital to investors and aimed to list its most-prized asset by the end of the year. plan represents part of a process launched by Vivendi's top shareholder, French billionaire Vincent Bollore, to cash in on the music industry's revival.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.