Midday Movers: Twitter, United Airlines, Coupa Software and More
By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday as investors await the Federal Reserve's next move. Here are the midday movers for Sept. 7:
- Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR ) shares rose 5% after a Delaware judge denied Elon Musk's request to postpone the trial over his $44 billion takeover plan. The judge did allow Musk to add information to his countersuit.
- United Airlines Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: UAL ) shares rose 2.4% after the carrier raised its third quarter outlook, citing strong travel demand.
- Coupa Software Inc (NASDAQ: COUP ) shares rose 14.9% after it reported better than expected earnings and gave an optimistic forecast for the full year.
- Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL ) stock was up 0.1% as it prepared to unveil its new line of iPhones Wednesday afternoon.
- Cineworld Group (LON: CINE ) stock fell 8% after the U.K.-based theater chain operator filed for bankruptcy, seeking to reorganize while keeping its theaters open.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or