By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- Stocks traded lower on Thursday as investors awaited the government's jobs report for September. Here are the market movers for Oct. 6:
Peloton Interactive Inc (NASDAQ: PTON ) shares rose 4% after the exercise bike maker said it will cut another 500 jobs as it attempts a business turnaround.
General Electric Company (NYSE: GE ) shares fell 1.7% after it said it was shedding about 20% of its onshore wind workers, which could amount to hundreds of jobs.
Amazon.com Inc (NASDAQ: AMZN ) shares fell 0.2% after the e-commerce giant said it would hire 150,000 seasonal workers, about the same number of people it hired last holiday season.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.