By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- U.S. stocks fell on Thursday as investors continued to digest the Federal Reserve's latest policy statement. Here are the midday movers for Sept. 22:
- Novavax Inc (NASDAQ: NVAX ) shares fell 14% after a downgrade by JPMorgan to underweight from neutral as interest in obtaining Covid-19 vaccines fades.
- Robinhood Markets Inc (NASDAQ: HOOD ) shares fell 1.7% after a report that securities regulators aren't going to ban the practice of receiving payments from hedge funds or other trading institutions for directing orders their way, though rules could be tweaked to make it less profitable.
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (NYSE: RCL ) stock rose 1.7% after it said bookings for travel were far outpacing trends even before the pandemic.
- Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN ) stock rose 2.9% after beating expectations , though noting that orders for homes were lower as the housing market cooled off this summer. Fellow home builder KB Home (NYSE: KBH ) also beat expectations but said orders fell 50%, and its shares fell 3.6%.
- Salesforce Inc (NYSE: CRM ) shares rose 1.6% after the software as a service provider projected 2026 revenue of $50 billion. It said fiscal 2023 revenue could be up to $31 billion.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.