By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- Stocks were higher on Monday as fading fears about interest rates lifted tech shares. Here are the midday movers for Jan. 9.
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (NASDAQ: LULU ) shares fell 8.6% after the athleisure apparel retailer forecast a drop in gross margins in the holiday quarter after discounting and higher costs. It did raise its outlook for fourth-quarter net revenue to a range between $2.66 billion and $2.70B compared with an earlier forecast for $2.61B to $2.66B.
- CinCor Pharma Inc (NASDAQ: CINC ) stock shot up 146% after the developer of hypertension and other cardio treatments agreed to a $1.8B takeover from AstraZeneca (NASDAQ: AZN ). In other deal news on Monday, insurance software maker Duck Creek Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: DCT ) agreed to a $2.6B take private by Vista Equity Partners.
EXACT Sciences Corporation (NASDAQ: EXAS ) shares rose 21% after the maker of the Cologuard at-home colon cancer test said expected revenue in the most recent quarter rose 28%, higher than expectations.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE: GS ) shares rose 2% as the Wall Street investment bank prepares to cut more than 3,000 jobs amid a slowdown in deal activity.
Alibaba Group Holdings Ltd ADR (NYSE: BABA ) shares rose 4% after the Chinese e-commerce giant's co-founder Jack Ma is reported to give up control of the fintech firm Ant Group after a government crackdown on big tech.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.