By Liz Moyer
- Humana Inc (NYSE: HUM ) shares jumped nearly 9% after the health insurer raised its outlook for the year and said it will no longer expect any Covid-19 impact to results.
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ: ADBE ) shares dropped 16% after it announced a $20 billion cash and stock deal to buy digital design firm Figma. It also revealed it beat expectations in the last quarter.
- Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE: UNP ) stock rose 2% after the Biden administration struck a deal to avert a strike by railroad workers that could have crippled supply chains. Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC ) stock rose 1.3%, and CSX Corporation (NASDAQ: CSX ) fell 2.3%.
- Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR ) stock rose 1.6% after the diagnostic device maker said it was going to spin off its environmental and applied sciences group into a separately traded company.
- Gap Inc (NYSE: GPS ) shares fell 3% after a report that Kanye West ended his marketing agreement with the casual clothing retailer.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.