By Liz Moyer
Investing.com -- U.S. stocks are higher on Monday as investors try to turn the mood positive. Here are the midday movers for June 6:
- DiDi Global Inc ADRs (NYSE: DIDI ) surged 37% after a report that Chinese regulators are getting close to completing an investigation into the ride-hailing company, a possible sign the crackdown on the tech sector is easing.
- Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR ) shares fell 2.4% after Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA ) CEO Elon Musk accused the social media company, which he is trying to buy, of failing to provide him with the information it has on fake accounts.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (NYSE: SAVE ) shares jumped 6% after JetBlue Airways Corp (NASDAQ: JBLU ) sweetened its takeover bid for the discount airline. JetBlue, which rose 1.2%, is battling Frontier Group Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: ULCC ) for Spirit. Shareholders of Spirit are scheduled to meet this week to vote on Frontier's offer.
- Amazon.com Inc (NASDAQ: AMZN ) shares rose 2.3% on the first day its 20-for-1 stock split took effect. The shares, which closed Friday at $2,447, opened around $122 each and were trading around $125 each at midday.
- Keurig Dr Pepper Inc (NASDAQ: KDP ) shares rose 5% after S&P Dow Jones Indices said it would be adding the stock to the S&P 500 later in June.
- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY ) shares rose 1.6% after studies of its diabetes drugs showed positive results. Jardiance demonstrated a lower risk of hospitalization for heart failure, while Trulicity beat the placebo in reducing blood sugar levels.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.