By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the consumer goods company Eureka Forbes (BO: EURK ) zoomed 12.98% to Rs 418.7 apiece at the time of writing, after soaring over 14% in early trade on Tuesday, as the company announced the appointment of a new MD & CEO on July 11, 2022.
In an exchange filing on Monday, the vacuum cleaner and water purifier company announced that its board approved the appointment of Pratik Pota as its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer for a term of five years, starting from August 16, 2022, subject to the shareholders’ approval.
The company added that Pota would lead the management team to continue scaling the business, solidifying Eureka Forbes' market leadership position, and delivering innovative products for a growing customer base.
Prior to Eureka Forbes, Pota was the chief executive of the largest Indian food service company Jubilant Foodworks (NS: JUBI )s and has held leadership roles at PepsiCo (NASDAQ: PEP ), Bharti Airtel (NS: BRTI ) and Hindustan Unilever (NS: HLL ), with a career spanning over 30 years.
In Sept 2021, the global private equity firm Advent International acquired a majority stake in Eureka Forbes from Shapoorji Pallonji Group for Rs 4,400 crore, to help the latter deleverage its balance sheet.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.