By Aayush Khanna
The Delhi High Court, through an order dated 10 November 2023, and received by the company on 16 November 2023, has issued a decree based on the terms of a settlement agreement between Exide Industries Limited (NS: EXID ), Vertiv Company Group Limited UK (VCGL), and Vertiv Energy Pvt Ltd. India (VEPL). This settlement concludes suits that have been pending before the High Court of Delhi since 2006.
According to the settlement agreement, VCGL & VEPL have acknowledged that the trademark CHLORIDE and its variants in India are registered in the name of Exide Industries. It has been explicitly agreed that VCGL and VEPL will refrain from using the CHLORIDE mark in India, either directly or indirectly, and will withdraw all their claims over this mark in favor of Exide Industries.
The settlement does not have any financial impact on the company, as Exide had been using the CHLORIDE mark in India for its electronic products (UPS) during the litigation period since 2006, thanks to an ex-parte injunction granted in its favor by the Delhi High Court.
After the news, the share price of Exide Industries hit a new 5-year high of INR 286.3 in the early morning. The stock has already delivered a healthy return of 54% in the last 12 months, outperforming the Nifty Midcap 150 return of 33% in the same period.
X (formerly, Twitter) - aayushxkhanna
BLACK FRIDAY SALE: You can avail InvestingPro+ at a massive 55% discount and by using the coupon code PROW652 get an extra 10% discount over and above the ongoing promotional price for the Bi-yearly plan only. Click on the image below to access the link
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.