By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The chemical manufacturing company DCM Shriram (NS: DCMS ) reported an impressive earnings for the quarter ending December 2021 on Tuesday, posting a 37.7% surge in profit after tax to Rs 350 crore YoY, in the quarter under review.
As a result, the sugar producer’s shares surged 7.75% to Rs 1,090.85 apiece at 12:30 pm, after zooming over 15% in early trade on Wednesday’s session, post its quarterly earnings.
The mid-cap company’s revenue from operations grew 26.5% in Q3 to Rs 2,730 crore, compared to Rs 2,159 crore in Q3 FY21. Additionally, its net sales rose 25.3% in the quarter under focus to Rs 2,677.85 crore YoY.
The chemical manufacturer’s net profit in Q3 FY22 rallied 121.4% compared to the figure in Q2 FY22, and its EPS rocketed 120.8% to Rs 22.43 in Q3, on a sequential basis and 37.5% on a YoY basis.
Also, the company’s EBITDA climbed 46.2% to Rs 608.8 crore in the Dec quarter, compared to the same period last year.
Besides, for the Apr-Dec 2021 period, DCM Shriram’s total income grew 14% to Rs 7039.7 crore YoY, and net profit surged 51% to Rs 665 YoY.
The company’s management stated that despite the quarter being challenging in nature, attributing to high and volatile commodity prices, added with untimely rains contributing to supply chain management constraints, the company managed to do well in its entire business line.
The company’s stock has skyrocketed over 175% in the past year.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.