By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the renewable energy company Adani Green Energy (NS: ADNA ) ended 12.81% higher on Friday at Rs 2,260.8 apiece and soared to the Rs 2,404.85 apiece level in the session.
The Adani (NS: APSE ) Group stock zoomed after the company announced commissioning the world’s largest wind-solar power plant in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, having a capacity of 600 MW.
With this, Adani Green Energy now flaunts the highest operational generation capacity in the world, with a total of 6.7 GW, including an operational hybrid power generation capacity of 1 GW, it said.
Regarding the Jaisalmer power plant, it is a hybrid power plant, comprising solar and wind plants of 600 MW and 150 MW capacities, respectively. They will reduce the intermittency of renewable energy power, along with helping the country in optimal utilization of the transmission network, the mega-cap company stated.
It added that the Jaisalmer plant has a power purchase agreement with the state-owned Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) for 25 years at Rs 2.69/kWh.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.