By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Nifty 50 closed at 17,380 today, a record high, gaining 24 points while the BSE Sensex 30 closed at 58,247, up 69 points. Markets opened up and strongly today and though they lost a little ground, they still closed in the green.
Nifty Media was powered up today, closing up 14.4%, thanks in no small part to Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ) where investor activism saw the stock close up 41.6% at Rs 261.7. TV18 Broadcast Ltd. (NS: TVEB ) and Dish TV India Ltd (NS: DSTV ) also gained over 9.8% each.
AMI Organics Ltd (NS: AMIO ) and Vijaya Diagnostic Centre Ltd (NS: VIJA ), both made strong debuts on the markets today with Ami Organic closing up over 53% to its issue price while Vijaya Diagnostic gained over 16%.
Retail inflation numbers for August came in at 5.3%, the lowest in four months.
The release of the latest US consumer prices, is keeping global investors cautious Tuesday, as this is seen as being a key factor in determining when the Federal Reserve chooses to scale back its economic stimulus.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
mkt expected upside move...Like 2