Los Angeles, Sep 28 (IANS) Filmmaker Martin Scorsese says that actor DiCaprio changes in life when he's changing on film, singing praises of the ‘Titanic’ star’s range, calling him a very dynamic and versatile performer.Talking to ‘Entertainment Tonight’, Martin Scorsese admitted that he loves working with Leonardo DiCaprio, and even praised the ‘Shutter Island’ star’s growth as an actor during the New York City premiere of his latest film, ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ that features DiCaprio.
‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ has all the makings of a classic Western combined with elements of an investigative mystery and some level of horror. DiCaprio will essay the role of Tom White, an incorruptible Texas Ranger-turned FBI agent sent to Oklahoma in the early 1920s by J Edgar Hoover to answer a desperate call from the Osage Indian Nation.
The Osage become the wealthiest people per capita in the world due to the vast supply of oil being harvested from their lands.
At the same time, many of them were beginning to die in alarming numbers — and under highly suspicious circumstances.
While it offered a strong set-up for a murder mystery, the initial script didn’t sit right with either Scorsese or with DiCaprio and Robert De Niro, as all three began to realise that it would be inappropriate to serve up a white-saviour Western story.
As such, Scorsese started over, grabbing the chance to tell a story that would resonate in a modern era, forcing audiences to confront their own darkest instincts.
The film explores just how far people are willing to go for the love of money, and all that they can even betray as they cast their morality aside.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.