By Aditya Raghunath
Market analysts say that the lower support level for Nifty is in the 17,250-17,300 range, and any fall below that range could result in more weakness.
LIC has appointed Kotak Mahindra (NS: KTKM ) Capital Company, Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS ) India Securities, JP Morgan India, ICICI Securities, JM Financial (NS: JMSH ), Citigroup (NYSE: C ) Global Markets India, Nomura Financial Advisory and Securities (India), Axis Capital, DSP Merrill Lynch, and SBI (NS: SBI ) Capital Markets as book running lead managers, says a circular on DIPAM website.
Foreign institutional investors continued to sell Indian equities on Wednesday, and were net sellers to the tune of Rs 802.51 crore.
Wall Street closed lower on Wednesday as concerns over the delta variant of the COVID-19 virus slowing down economic recovery grew. Questions over the US Fed’s interest rate hike and tapering continue to hang without any answers.
Several US officials have said that tapering could start this year which is creating uncertainty in the market. As of this report, Dow Jones 30 Futures and S&P 500 Futures are down 0.21% each while Nasdaq 100 Futures are down 0.18%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.