By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Nifty 50 and the BSE Sensex 30 ended flat today after a volatile day in the markets today. Both indices closed down less than 0.1%. Market experts attribute this to two factors, one was markets taking a break after a continued period of surge including a hat-trick of record closing lows. The second one was the fact that US markets are set to open up today after an extended Labor Day weekend.
Winners on the Nifty were Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) up 2.62%, Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ) up 2.46%, Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ) up 1.57% and ITC Ltd (NS: ITC ) up 1.22%
Coffee stocks had a good day with the likes of Tata Coffee Ltd (NS: TACO ) closing up 3.92% and CCL Products India Ltd (NS: CCLP ) gaining almost 0.8% after Robusta Coffee futures hit a four-year peak on Monday in London.
Nifty losers were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ) down 2.16% while Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ), Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ) and Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ) lost over 1.5% each. Nifty Bank closed lower 0.34% today after losing 0.46% yesterday.
European stock markets edged broadly lower Tuesday, handing back some of the previous session’s strong gains ahead of the week’s European Central Bank meeting,
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Dow jones is heading to 70k level in some years..Like 1