By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- The latest quarterly survey by FICCI said that the outlook for increased manufacturing activity in Q1 FY22 has improved significantly but that the cost of business and production is increasing. This includes high fixed costs, higher overhead costs, and a reduction in volumes die to lockdown.
Compared to Q1 FY22, manufacturing outlook has improved for Q2. The survey was drawn from over 300 manufacturing units from both large and SME segments with a combined annual turnover of over 2.7 lakh crore
“However, the survey noticed a high percentage of respondents experiencing the rising cost of doing business and production,” it said. “The cost of production as a percentage of sales for manufacturers in the survey has risen for 80% respondents in Q1 2021-22,” Ficci said in its statement. “This is considerably higher than that reported in Q4 2020-21 where 72% respondents recorded an increase in their production costs.”
Export outlook is also improving with around 58% of the respondents saying they expect an increase in the shipments in Q2.
“Hiring outlook for the sector remains subdued as 68% mentioned that they are not likely to hire additional workforce in the next three months,” the survey added.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Travels Business, car rental business getting unvible due to very High fuel prices. customers paying capacity is very limited.Like 0