Bengaluru, Nov 29 (IANS) Manta Air, the Maldives' leading airline, has announced that it is starting direct flights from India to Maldives. It will commence international flights to India starting from 2024, unveiling direct Bengaluru to Dhaalu Airport routes from January 2024.
Ahmed Maumoon, Deputy CEO of Manta Air, said, "This announcement marks a pivotal moment in our company's trajectory -- we are progressing from being the leading domestic and seaplane carrier in the Maldives to an international airline operator. With Manta Air's expansion through a new direct flight route from India to the Maldives, we anticipate a surge in travel interest and bookings from Indian tourists."
"By facilitating easier and more affordable travel access to the Maldives, we foresee a substantial increase in travel demand from Bengaluru and across India in 2024 and beyond," Maumoon added.
This strategic initiative signifies a major milestone for the indigenous Maldives' airline and recognises India as a pivotal source market for the Maldives.
The airline will operate direct flights from Bengaluru's Kempegowda International Airport to the Maldives' Dhaalu Airport, allowing visitors to avoid the hassles and additional expense of transiting through the main Velana International Airport at Male, and gaining direct access to many luxury resorts located in Dhaalu atoll.
Manta Air will provide easy immigration processes exclusively for its guests at the Dhaalu Airport, enabling quick transfers.
Flight schedules have been designed to allow guests to maximise their stay duration in the Maldives, with all flights arriving in the Maldives in the morning and departing late in the evening for India.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.