By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Shares of multiplex firms PVR Ltd (NS: PVRL ) and Inox Leisure Ltd (NS: INOL ) fell by 5.25% and 3.89% respectively on Monday, April 5, after the Maharashtra government imposed strict lockdowns in the state.
With this fall, the shares of both companies have wiped out all the gains they made in 2021. Inox closed December 31, 2020, at Rs 282.3. It is now trading at Rs 267.95 after hitting a high of Rs 346.3 on January 8.
PVR’s fall has been more severe. The stock closed on April 5 at Rs 1,173. It closed 2020 at Rs 1,320.2. PVR has fallen below its November 5 closing price of Rs 1,219.05. The stock hit a high of Rs 1,564.5 on January 20, 2021
These stocks are expected to remain volatile as the government’s new rules stipulate that all types of cinema halls and multiplexes stay shut until April 30.
In March, brokerage firm Angel Broking had assigned a ‘buy’ recommendation to PVR stock and had given it a price target of Rs 1,800. The stock was trading at Rs 1,442 at the time of the recommendation. Sharekhan had said, in March, that Inox stock could hit Rs 400. Inox was trading at Rs 312 at the time.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
There was no basis of these recommendations by Angel Broking and Sharekhan....people should use their own judgement before listening to these recommendations by brokerage houses..!!Like 0