By Michael Elkins
Lucid Motors (NASDAQ: LCID ) is recalling certain 2022 Air models due to an issue with the vehicle's display screen. According to the NHTSA, the display wiring harness may not be secured properly, which can disable the display screens. This issue potentially affects 1,117 vehicles.
Once the display screens become disabled, they fail to show critical information, such as the speedometer, gear selection, and warning lights. All of which, the NHTSA says can increase the risk of a crash.
Dealers will inspect and secure the wiring harness, as necessary, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed on June 20, 2022.
This is the company's second recall to date. Back in February, Lucid recalled around 200 of its Air Luxury vehicles due to a suspension safety issue.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.