New Delhi, Sep 30 (IANS) LIC Housing Finance (NS: LICH ) has taken symbolic possession of a Churchgate property in Mumbai whose guarantor was Essel Group Chairman Subhash Chandra for non-payment of dues.In a newspaper advertisement published on Saturday, LIC (NS: LIFI ) Housing Finance said it had issued a demand notice calling upon the borrower Vasant Sagar Properties, PAN India Infraprojects with guarantor Subhash Chandra to repay the aggregate amount of Rs 570 crore.
LIC Housing Finance said that the borrowers and guarantors have failed to repay the amount and the company has taken symbolic possession of the assets under the SARFESI Act on September 28.
The borrowers and guarantors in particular and public in general are cautioned not to deal with the properties and any dealings with the properties will be to the charge of LIC Housing Finance for an amount of Rs 570 crore.
The property in question is a plot in Backbay Reclamation Estate, Churchgate in Mumbai.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.