Legal & General Capital ("Legal & General") has pledged up to $100 million to ImpactA Global, a women-led impact investment advisory firm. The commitment will be directed toward debt financing for sustainable infrastructure in emerging markets, emphasizing on addressing climate challenges and reducing inequalities.
ImpactA Global, led by partners Isabella da Costa Mendes, Victoria Miles, Susan Ward, and Audrey Caulliez-Louis, targets investments into emerging economies. These include regions such as Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa, and South Asia. Within these territories, the firm identifies projects that not only meet their impact goals but also offer commercially attractive financial returns.
The firm's focus sectors include renewable energy, sustainable mobility, health, water, and sanitation. By investing in these areas, ImpactA aims to bridge funding gaps in transformational infrastructure projects. Legal & General's recent commitment underscores its support for ImpactA's investment strategy.
ImpactA Global launched in March 2023 after Legal & General acquired a significant minority stake in the company. Today's announcement is a continuation of Legal & General's commitment to the investment advisory firm.
This investment in ImpactA is part of Legal & General's broader program of GP stake acquisitions. This initiative also includes investments in alternative asset managers such as Pemberton and NTR Asset Management.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.