By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com -- Shares of Kraft Heinz Co (NASDAQ: KHC ) tumbled Thursday after a UBS analyst downgraded the stock to Sell from Neutral, trimming its price target to $34 per share from $40.
Analyst Cody Ross said they are downgrading the stock based on their industry trade down analysis report.
"KHC is contending with one of the highest inflationary pressures over the next 12 months, increasing their need to take another round of price this year, which we believe is unlikely in light of WMT's and TGT's commentary last week," wrote Ross.
He added that the company "has pulled back significantly on promotions, competes in categories with greater trade down risk, and has arguably the highest risk to consumer trade down to private label."
"If the company is not able to pass through pricing in 2H22, we
believe this would serve as a negative catalyst to the shares," Ross said.
Kraft Heinz shares are down 7.75% Thursday.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.