By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the automotive software services firm KPIT Technologies Ltd (NS: KPIE ) surged 12.46% to Rs 709 apiece at 1:45 pm on Friday, after surging over 19% to hit an all-time high of Rs 749 apiece in today’s session.
The stock has extended gains for the second consecutive session and has risen 18% in two days. Shares of KPIT Tech have seen increasing demand after foreign brokerage Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS ) initiated a Buy call on the stock with a target price at Rs 1,040 apiece.
The brokerage has assigned the stock 12 months to reach the target price, an upside of 46.7% compared to the stock’s present price.
It stated that the auto software company would benefit as industries are increasing inclination towards electric vehicles, and will witness a potential demand from various buyers enveloping electric vehicles and manufacturers and semiconductor makers.
The amount spent by auto companies on the new-age CASE technology is estimated to grow three-fold to $61 billion by FY27, and KPIT Tech is well-positioned to accelerate this transition, adds Goldman Sachs.
Besides, the company has also partnered with the German company dSPACE GmbH to develop a test suite for smart charging EVs.
KPIT Tech has raised its revenue and profit outlook for FY22 by 2%, to 20%, along with its EBITDA outlook to over 17.5%. In a recent interview with CNBC TV-18, the company stated that it pegs its growth margin to rise 18-20% by FY25.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
kpit is on fire...zoomLike 2