By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Wipro (NS: WIPR ): The IT major has bagged a multi-year contract from the UK Govt agency HM Treasury to deliver them service integration and management (SIAM) services.
Oil Companies: Windfall tax on the export of diesel has been raised to Rs 7/L and reinstated on jet fuel exports. The tax on domestically produced crude oil has been lowered.
JSW Steel (NS: JSTL ): The merger proposal of Creixent Special Steels and JSW Ispat into JSW Steel has been given a green signal by the competition regulator Competition Commission of India.
Tata Power (NS: TTPW ): Subsidiary Tata Power Renewable Energy has raised Rs 2,000 crore via the issuance of 83.6 million equity shares to GreenForest New Energies Bidco.
RBL Bank (NS: RATB ): The private lender has offloaded an additional 2.77% stake in the machinery industry company Kilburn Engineering.
Max Healthcare (NS: MAXE ) Institute: HDFC Asset Management Company (NS: HDFA ) acquired a 0.4% equity stake in the healthcare company through open market transactions on Aug 16, raising shareholding from 4.78% to 5.18%.
Metropolis Healthcare (NS: METP ): The company’s CEO Vijender Singh has resigned from the position, with Aug 17 as his last serving day, while a Talent Search Agency has been appointed by the health chain for starting the process of CEO hunt.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.