Hyderabad, Nov 27 (IANS) Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao will lay foundation stone for Hyderabad Airport Express Metro next month.
The 31-km long project will connect the information technology district Hitec City to Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad.
Municipal administration and Urban Development Minister K. T. Rama Rao revealed that the chief minister will lay the foundation stone on December 9.
"Hyderabad is Forging Ahead. Happy to announce that Hon'ble CM KCR Garu will be laying the foundation for Airport Express Metro on 9th December," minister KTR tweeted.
"This project starting at Mindspace junction to Shamshabad Airport will be 31 KM long & will be costing approximately Rs 6,250 crore," he wrote.
The state government had allocated Rs 377.35 crore for the project in 2022-23 budget.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has already prepared a detailed project.
The proposed high-speed Airport Express Metro will contain both elevated and underground sections. About 2.5 km of the total stretch will be underground.
Once completed, the project will help commuters reach the airport in just 20 minutes.
Bio-Diversity Junction, Nanakramguda, Narsingi, TS Police Academy and Rajendranagar are likely to be some of the stations on the stretch.
The city already has fully operational Hyderabad Metro Rail spanning over 69 kms. The elevated Metro is operating on three corridors.
The state government has urged Central Government to accord in-principle approval for the Hyderabad Metro Rail Phase -II Project from BHEL to Lakdikapul costing Rs 8,453 crore as a jointly owned project of Union Government and Government of Telangana State (GoTS) with external financial assistance.
In a letter addressed to Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri, state minister KTR requested him to include the said proposal in the ensuing union budget for 2023-24. The new Metro Line is proposed to be of 26 kms long with 23 stations.
To avoid delays in processing, Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) of the project (as prepared by DMRC) and other related documents were sent to Government of India by the Telangana Government on October 27, 2022, the Minister added.
The Minister said that Hyderabad is the fastest growing Metropolitan city in terms of quarterly and year on year growth of real estate sector especially since 2019-20. With the opening up of all the offices in post-COVID scenario, the need for expansion and strengthening of public transportation system needs no emphasis, he added.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.