New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL), Hindalco (NS: HALC ), NTPC (NS: NTPC ) Mining, and NLC India Ltd are among the major entities which have submitted bids for blocks on offer for commercial coal mines. JSPL and NLC have submitted three bids each, while NTPC Mining and Hindalco have submitted two bids each.
The auction process of 103 coal and lignite mines for sale of coal was launched by the Coal Ministry in March this year.
A total of 34 bids were received for 17 coal mines under two tranches of commercial coal mine auctions.
The last date for submission of technical bids for all the coal mines was June 27.
As part of the auction process, technical bids comprising of online and offline bid documents were opened today. As many as 22 companies had submitted their bids.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.