By Aayush Khanna
Jindal Stainless Ltd (NS: JIST ) (JSL), India's largest stainless steel manufacturer, announced its proactive strides toward achieving a 50% reduction in carbon emissions well before the targeted year of 2035. The company showcased its ambitious decarbonization initiatives at the United Nations Confederation of Parties (COP) 28 climate summit for the first time, following an invitation from the Ministry of Steel , Government of India.
Participating in a side event organized by the Ministry of Steel, Government of India, at the India Pavilion in Dubai, Jindal Stainless highlighted its efforts toward forging a carbon-free future in the steel sector. The event, titled 'Forging a Carbon-Free Future: The Indian Steel Sector’s Transition,' was aligned with the global thematic day of 'Energy, Industry/Just Transition/Indigenous Peoples.'
Abhyuday Jindal, Managing Director of Jindal Stainless, expressed pride in the company's decarbonization initiatives, emphasizing a commitment to global sustainability. With an investment of INR 700 crores in various sustainability projects, Jindal Stainless aims to reduce 1.5 million tonnes of carbon emissions annually, contributing to a modern and sustainable world through cutting-edge technology, innovation, and R&D.
Chief Sustainability Officer, Kalyan Bhattacherjee, detailed the company's multifaceted approach to establishing low-carbon pathways in a challenging sector. Measures include internal enhancements and collaborations with external partners to strategically align decarbonization initiatives with the Net Zero by 2050 goal. The company has introduced digitalization for sustainability data management, utilizing a unique ESG digital platform for accurate and transparent GHG accounting and reporting.
Jindal Stainless is actively addressing Scope 3 ESG compliance through Sustainable Procurement, Logistics Decarbonization, and circular economy practices. This robust commitment places Jindal Stainless at the forefront of sustainable practices in the steel industry.
X (formerly, Twitter) - aayushxkhanna
CYBER MONDAY SALE: You can avail InvestingPro+ at a massive 60% discount and by using the coupon code PROC324 get an extra 10% discount over and above the ongoing promotional price for the Bi-yearly plan only. Click on the image below to access the link
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.