Evercore ISI analysts upgraded JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JBLU ) stock to In Line from Underperform.
Still, the price target of $4.50 offers a downside risk of about 25% relative to Friday’s closing price of $6.06.
The analysts note that shares fell about 35% since their downgrade in July.
The analysts also shared their thoughts on the Airlines, in general.
“We would be surprised to see revenue guidance raises at upcoming early September conferences, though there is a chance for carriers with higher long-haul international exposure in mid-September. After strong performance in June, summer has been a punishing time for the airline stocks, consistent with historical seasonality, as fuel prices have rallied. Group feels washed-out and oversold,” they wrote.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.