By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Once a celebrated airline company, Jet Airways (NS: JET ) is likely to start operations this summer and has appointed aviation veteran Sanjiv Kapoor as its chief executive officer, with effect from March 4, 2022.
Currently serving as the President of Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, he has worked as a chief strategist and management consultant for airline companies in the US, Europe and Asia.
This announcement from Jet Airways comes weeks after the former Indian Air Force squadron leader PP Singh was appointed as the airline’s new accountable manager, and Vipula Gunatileka, the former CEO of Sri Lankan Airlines as its CFO.
From 2016-2019, Sanjiv Kapoor served as the chief strategy and commercial officer at Vistara, growing its base from 9 airplanes to 38, and 40 flights/day to 200/day.
Before that, he was the COO and de facto CEO of SpiceJet from 2013-2015, managing the airline through a period of record-high oil prices and a cash crunch, as per news reports.
Kapoor has been in the travel industry for over 20 years.
Jet Airways could start operating this summer, after a break of 3 years from Apr 2019, when it had to shut down its operations due to a severe financial crisis.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.