At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 declined 2.49% to hit a new 3-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Ube Industries, Ltd. (T: 4208 ), which rose 5.64% or 127.0 points to trade at 2379.0 at the close. Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (T: 4183 ) added 5.34% or 185.0 points to end at 3650.0 and Asahi Kasei Corp. (T: 3407 ) was up 5.11% or 59.0 points to 1214.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NEC Corp. (T: 6701 ), which lost 14.05% or 840.0 points to trade at 5140.0 in late trade. JGC Corp. (T: 1963 ) declined 13.36% or 164.0 points to end at 1064.0 and Softbank Group Corp. (T: 9984 ) shed 7.77% or 713.0 points to 8467.0.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2943 to 656 and 139 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was unchanged 0% to 26.27 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was down 1.48% or 0.98 to $65.10 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July fell 1.41% or 0.98 to hit $68.34 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract fell 0.23% or 4.25 to trade at $1818.55 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was up 0.00% to 109.66, while EUR/JPY rose 0.24% to 132.68.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 90.632.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.