At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 lost 0.21%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Takara Holdings Inc. (T: 2531 ), which rose 10.16% or 130.0 points to trade at 1410.0 at the close. Z Holdings Corp (T: 4689 ) added 9.78% or 55.3 points to end at 621.0 and Daikin Industries, Ltd. (T: 6367 ) was up 6.31% or 1465.0 points to 24670.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nichirei Corp. (T: 2871 ), which lost 12.27% or 368.0 points to trade at 2631.0 in late trade. Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding (T: 7003 ) declined 8.27% or 43.0 points to end at 477.0 and Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd. (T: 5802 ) shed 5.72% or 91.5 points to 1509.5.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 2697 to 841 and 191 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was unchanged 0% to 21.75.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was down 0.13% or 0.09 to $70.47 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in October rose 0.08% or 0.06 to hit $72.47 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.16% or 2.85 to trade at $1816.95 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was up 0.08% to 109.12, while EUR/JPY rose 0.19% to 129.56.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 91.998.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.