At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 rose 1.20%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Tokyo Electric Power Co., Inc. (T: 9501 ), which unchanged 0% or 0 points to trade at 366.0 at the close. Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (T: 9104 ) unchanged 0% or 0 points to end at 8780.0 and Chiyoda Corp. (T: 6366 ) was unchanged 0% or 0 points to 357.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Pacific Metals Co., Ltd. (T: 5541 ), which unchanged 0% or 0 points to trade at 3330.0 in late trade. T&D Holdings, Inc. (T: 8795 ) unchanged 0% or 0 points to end at 1729.0 and Chiba Bank Ltd (T: 8331 ) 0% or 0 points to 770.0.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2365 to 1245 and 177 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was unchanged 0% to 26.53.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for April delivery was up 3.68% or 3.32 to $93.53 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in May rose 2.10% or 1.95 to hit $94.94 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.63% or 12.05 to trade at $1911.85 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was unchanged 0% to 114.74, while EUR/JPY unchanged 0% to 129.79.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 96.112.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.