At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 gained 0.50%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were Denso Corp. (T: 6902 ), which rose 4.16% or 167.0 points to trade at 4177.0 at the close. GS Yuasa Corp. (T: 6674 ) added 3.91% or 72.0 points to end at 1915.0 and DeNA Co Ltd (T: 2432 ) was up 3.81% or 52.0 points to 1417.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Yamato Holdings Co., Ltd. (T: 9064 ), which lost 2.14% or 51.0 points to trade at 2335.0 in late trade. Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. (T: 9107 ) declined 2.11% or 24.0 points to end at 1116.0 and Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd. (T: 3382 ) shed 1.65% or 61.0 points to 3647.0.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 2084 to 1363 and 212 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was unchanged 0% to 30.49.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.34% or 0.14 to $40.87 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August rose 0.46% or 0.20 to hit $43.28 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.03% or 0.45 to trade at $1765.95 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was up 0.29% to 107.17, while EUR/JPY rose 0.57% to 120.99.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 96.838.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.