At the close in Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 rose 0.47%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nikkei 225 were CyberAgent Inc (T: 4751 ), which rose 3.48% or 200.0 points to trade at 5940.0 at the close. Casio Computer Co., Ltd. (T: 6952 ) added 3.44% or 59.0 points to end at 1776.0 and DeNA Co Ltd (T: 2432 ) was up 3.41% or 59.0 points to 1790.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nippon Kayaku Co., Ltd. (T: 4272 ), which lost 9.94% or 104.0 points to trade at 942.0 in late trade. Citizen Holdings Co., Ltd. (T: 7762 ) declined 4.71% or 16.0 points to end at 324.0 and Nikon Corp. (T: 7731 ) shed 3.60% or 29.0 points to 776.0.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1875 to 1604 and 207 ended unchanged on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
The Nikkei Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of Nikkei 225 options, was unchanged 0% to 22.99.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for October delivery was up 0.84% or 0.36 to $43.12 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November rose 0.81% or 0.37 to hit $45.95 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.80% or 15.85 to trade at $1963.05 a troy ounce.
USD/JPY was up 0.13% to 106.08, while EUR/JPY fell 0.25% to 125.88.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.30% at 92.618.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.