By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The conglomerate giant ITC 's (NS: ITC ) shares turned ex-dividend on Tuesday and gained 3.22% in the intraday trade to Rs 450.55 apiece, nearing the 52-week high of Rs 451.8 apiece.
ITC’s shares extended their rising streak for the eighth consecutive session on Tuesday, adding 7.33% during this period. The stock has gained for eight days in the past ten trading sessions.
The market heavyweight stock has been on a bull ride since the start of this year, as it has surged more than one-third in value so far during the ongoing calendar year 2023. In the past one year, ITC has given returns of 67.2% to its investors.
The cigarettes-to-hotels conglomerate’s Board of Directors had recommended a final dividend of Rs 6.75/share and a special dividend of Rs 2.75/share of Re 1 each for the financial year 2022-23, with the record date for this set as May 30, 2023.
ITC is India’s sixth most-valued company in terms of market capitalization. It declared a total dividend of Rs 15.5/share in FY23, higher than the previous year’s dividend of Rs 11.5/share.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.