By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- A report by ICICI Direct showed the large-cap stocks that mutual funds sold in May. Two out of the top five stocks were metal stocks that have given solid returns in the last six months. Is the metals rally coming to a close?
Copper prices in global markets have started to cool down after reports emerged that China, which consumes half the world’s refined copper , might stockpile to bring down prices. It looks like the down sentiment might extend to other metal stocks as well. Here are the top five large-cap stocks that were sold in May by mutual funds:
- Hindustan Zinc Ltd. (NS: HZNC )
Share price on May 31, 2021: Rs 327
Share price on June 16, 2021: Rs 334.2
Percentage difference: Up 2.2%
- Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT )
Share price on May 31, 2021: Rs 3,447.85
Share price on June 16, 2021: Rs 3,639.45
Percentage difference: Up 5.5%
- Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd. (NS: COLG )
Share price on May 31, 2021: Rs 1,720.45
Share price on June 16, 2021: Rs 1,713
Percentage difference: Down 0.43%
- Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC )
Share price on May 31, 2021: Rs 1,125.65
Share price on June 16, 2021: Rs 1,142.15
Percentage difference: Up 1.46%
- Godrej Consumer Products Ltd. (NS: GOCP )
Share price on May 31, 2021: Rs 856.55
Share price on June 16, 2021: Rs 917.3
Percentage difference: Up 7%
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
what about jsw steelLike 0
Technically may go down along with news but will go much much higher as only three big manufacturer in IndiaLike 1
Buy as much as possible Hurry up guysLike 0
Copper gonna touch 800 in a weekLike 2
What did they buy after selling these stocksLike 0
Stock Market correction is overdue. Basis hints from Fed, across board sell expected sooner than later.Like 3