Panaji, Oct 7 (IANS) Stating that Goa prefers to encourage eco-friendly industries, Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on Friday called upon the investors to invest in the state and be partners in industrial growth.
Sawant was speaking after inaugurating the 'Invest-Goa 2022' summit. Former Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu, state Industries Minister Mauvin Godinho, and state IT Minister Rohan Khaunte were present on the occasion, among others.
Sawant said that Goa has the required logistics to set up ventures in the industrial area.
"We have good connectivity by way of road, rail and air to cater to the needs of the industries. Hence I appeal to the investors to set up their ventures and make Goa a preferred investment destination," he said.
Sawant also urged the investors to be partner in Goa's industrial growth.
Stating that Goa has all the required infrastructure for industrial growth, Godinho said, "Let's grow together to boost the nation's economy."
Prabhu said Goa has its own industrial policy which is investor-friendly.
"Goa is the best place for investment and this is the right time to be in Goa," Prabhu said.
Khaunte said, "The government is looking at industrial growth wherein IT has a pivotal role to play in making Goa a preferred destination for industries."
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.