New Delhi, Sep 15 (IANS) IT major Infosys (NS: INFY ) is the only Indian company featured in the TIME Magazine’s top 100 ‘World’s Best Companies 2023’ list, dominated by Big Tech. The Bengaluru-based professional services firm has been ranked 64th spot in the top 100 list.
“Infosys has been featured in TIME World’s Best Companies 2023 list. We are among the top 3 global professional services firms and the only brand from India in the Top 100 global rankings,” the company said in a post on X (formerly Twitter).
The list, curated by TIME and Statista, is dominated by global Big Tech companies like Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT ), Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ), Alphabet (Google’s parent company) and Meta (NASDAQ: META ) Platforms which were the top four companies on the list.
Other top companies in the coveted list are Accenture (NYSE: ACN ), Pfizer (NYSE: PFE ), American Express (NYSE: AXP ), BMW Group, Dell Technologies, Louis Vuitton, Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL ), Starbucks (NASDAQ: SBUX ), Volkswagen (ETR: VOWG_p ) Group, General Motors (NYSE: GM ), Ford and others.
The list is based on a formula of revenue growth, employee-satisfaction surveys, and rigorous environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG, or sustainability) data. Big Tech had a tough year, laying off tens of thousands of workers since January.
But the world’s biggest tech companies are also the ones doing best for investors, employees, and the planet.
“Microsoft, for example, the top company in the global rankings, made $72 billion in its most recent fiscal year, a 63 per cent increase from 2020, while also reducing overall emissions by 0.5 per cent,” said TIME.
Accenture, based in Dublin, had the highest ESG ranking of any company on the list.
“The rankings show just who dominates the world economic order, with fast-moving tech and business-services companies unseating the manufacturers and consumer-goods companies that once drove the global economy,” the magazine said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.