Indonesian Governor Backs Bitcoin Adoption With Dedicated Exchange
- Governor Kamil gave a favorable assessment of the flagship cryptocurrency.
- Specifically, plans are in motion to launch a Bitcoin-only exchange in the region.
Governor Ridwan Kamil of the Indonesian province of West Java spoke about his support for Bitcoin in a recent fireside chat dubbed “The Indonesia Bitcoin Mining Campaign.” While stressing Indonesia’s attempts to adopt this digital asset, Governor Kamil gave a favorable assessment of the flagship cryptocurrency.
Specifically, plans are in motion to launch a Bitcoin-only exchange in the region. This action coincides with a rising generational tendency towards Bitcoin accumulation for use as a reserve currency. Indonesia’s governor, Kamil, has set a goal of becoming a “Bitcoin heaven” by leading the world in Bitcoin adoption.
Rising Adoption Among Investors
Indonesia has made great advances towards cryptocurrency acceptance, Governor Kamil said, with over 12 million crypto investors. Surprisingly, 70% of these investors choose Bitcoin over other digital assets. And this figure continues to expand by half a million per year.
Among Bitcoin’s many advantages, the Indonesian governor singled out the fact that it may help the country’s 40 percent unbanked population get access to modern financial services. He thinks that Bitcoin and blockchain technologies may help underserved populations finally get access to the banking system.
Governor Kamil’s profound hope that Bitcoin may transform the Indonesian economy. And enhance people’s lives was communicated throughout the fireside talk. Indonesia looks to be primed for mass adoption of Bitcoin due to its availability of vast renewable energy resources and a major section of the population being unbanked.
The notion that Bitcoin may act as a game-changer in opening up economic possibilities and uplifting the impoverished and the young generation in Indonesia is reflected in Governor Kamil’s vision.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or